If you are currently running Windows 10 Technical Preview on your PC or on a VirtualBox then you could take Word, Excel and PowerPoint Universal Office Apps for a spin. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, i strongly recommend that you should try it now. You could just search for these office apps on your Windows Store (Beta) and give them a shot. Let me quickly walk you through the steps.
Quick Steps to Explore Universal Office Apps
- Click on the Store (Beta) grey tile from the Start menu or on the task-bar.
- Type Word Preview (or) Excel Preview (or) PowerPoint Preview in the Store Search Box and Press Enter Key.
- You should see the Preview App listed as shown in the below screenshot.
- Click on the Word Preview App and you will be taken to the App Details page.
- Click on the Free button in the Word Preview App Page.
- You should now see that your App is getting downloaded (around 87 MB), once it is downloaded click on the Install button.
- You will just see the Install button greyed out after the installation but no information that it has been installed successfully (How am I supposed to know that it is installed?)
- Click on the Start Button and you should see the Word Preview under the recently added Apps section.
- Click on the Word Preview and you should now be able to explore and taste the Universal Office App for Windows 10, try the same with Excel and PowerPoint too.
You have various templates like:
- Take Notes
- Make a List
- Write a Journal
- Create an Outline
- Paper with Cover and TOC
- Basic Resume
- Modern Paper
- Trip Journal
- and yes our Favorite “Blank Document”
So what are you waiting for?
Over to You
Got something to say about Universal Office Apps? I am all ears