It’s been a while since the Windows 10 Technical Preview has been released, some of you might have already started exploring it, if you haven’t done it yet then join us and let us walk through this together.
Who Should Try Windows 10 Technical Preview?
Well anybody and everybody who loves to explore new things can give it a try but there are few points that you could keep in mind before you give it a try,
- The word Technical Preview means it is still in development and lots of changes will happen so you shouldn’t complain, but you can always provide feedback and it would be appreciated.
- You should be quite comfortable with installing a brand new Operating System.
- You have seen an ISO file before you know how to use it.
Well don’t even bother if you don’t know any of the above things, we got you covered. Just follow the steps and you will find it quite easy to install Windows 10.
Windows 10 System Requirements
The system requirements that are required to run windows 10 are as follows:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Free hard disk space: 16 GB
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Windows Insider = Windows 10
You need to sign up for the Windows Insider Program in order to get the Windows 10 Technical Preview, so let us just see how to do that quickly.
- Go to https://insider.windows.com/
- Click on the Get Started button to be a part of the Windows Insider Program.
- You need a windows live id in order to sign in. So get one if you don’t have it already.
- Once you have accepted the terms and conditions you will be presented with a welcome screen, you’re all set to be part of Windows 10. Now navigate directly to the below path,
- In the Download links section click on the Language that you prefer, example: English (United States)
- Now click on the type of Edition that you would like to download, either x86 (3.01 GB) or x64 (3.92 GB) and also make a note of the Product key (just do a CTRL + F on your page to find it quickly if you are lost)
Now just sit back and relax till your Windows 10 Technical Preview gets downloaded, in the next post we will see how to install it.